Monday, December 7, 2015

Well, This Is New

Recently, my husband was diagnosed with a disorder that requires him to  be on a low fiber/low residue diet for a while. 
This is tough for a family of high fiber foodies. We love our veggies, we love them crunchy. Salads. Highly seasoned foods. Spicy. Garlic? That is its own food group. 
We were handed a two page list of acceptable things to eat with about seven veggies that have to be "well cooked". He has to limit fiber to about 10g a day. White rice. He hates white rice. Dairy is supposed to be limited, though he doesn't seem to have too much of a problem with it. We do have a lactose intolerant kid I have to cook for, as well, and I try to not cool 47 different things a night. 
There is precious little on the web for recipes.  Even information is scarce - and contradictory. 
So, I'm going to try to document the meals, at least the dinners - what worked and what didn't work so well- so maybe it can help. If I've come up with a recipe on my own, I'll include it. If I have modified one, I will include the link and then list my modifications under the link.
Here's hoping it helps someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment